Financial and Digital Inclusion
By improving the financial and digital capability of the hardest to reach, ROAD helps participants to make small, but life-changing adjustments with an emphasis on progression into economic activity.
Financial & Digital Coach at Citizens Advice County Durham
ROAD’s financial and digital inclusion offer includes the following themes and corresponding activities:
- My Money: A focus on making the most of people’s money by budgeting and income maximisation, for example through benefits. We also help people to recognise and manage debt, recommending specialist caseworkers if required.
- My Work: Looking at any evidence of digital and technology barriers to employment, managing and maximising social media and learning job search skills.
- My Home: Developing the knowledge and understanding so that Participants can secure the best deal on their energy costs, check for eligibility on social water tariffs and ensure that they are getting the best value food for their money.
- My Community: Helping our Participants to identify how they can use their skills to make a difference to their own communities.
- My Future: Helping to provide budgeting and setting financial and digital goals, and identifying community courses, activities and groups that can help Participants to further develop their skills.
Courses within these themes are tailored to those with beginner, intermediate and advanced skills to allow Participants to perform self-reviews and set personal targets.
Working alongside Navigators, our offer is delivered by expert Financial & Digital Coaches at easily accessible community venues and delivery sites across County Durham. Coaches have the knowledge base to use existing services, and we have a Financial Crisis caseworker to support urgent debt and money issues for our Participants to help them begin to get back on track.
ROAD Financial & Digital Coaches are:
*RECRUITING* Financial & Digital Coach at Citizens Advice County Durham
Please visit our Work for ROAD page for details on this vacancy and how to apply
Jamie Blackburn – Financial, Employability and Digital Team Leader at Citizens Advice County Durham
Jamie has worked for Citizens Advice for more than 5 years and has a lot of experience in helping people reach their goals and overcome barriers. His favourite part of working for ROAD is looking back over a Participant’s file and seeing the progress they have made. Jamie studied Law, enjoys Opera, and has a collection of over 200 orchid plants.
Nicky Lawrence - Financial & Digital Coach at Pioneering Care Partnership
Born in the North East, but grew up in Africa due to Dad’s job. Worked in hospitality and catering before moving into training. Most recent role was supporting prisoners in HMP Durham to prepare for release by delivering employability skills, training and coaching. Best part about working for ROAD is helping to make a difference to others. I enjoy baking and Rugby Union – watching, not playing!